441 Autobots

Grimlock ♥ Prince Robot IV

Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 2
Livio Ramondelli, Chris Metzen, Flint Dille, John Barber, James Lamar Roberts
Progress: 332/332pages
Avengers: Absolute Vision - Book Two (Avengers (1963-1996))
Progress: 98/360pages
Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones
Dan Uri, Dennis Eisenberg
Vision: The Complete Series (Vision: Director's Cut (2017))
Stephen King, Mike Del Mundo, Gabriel Hernandez Walta, Michael Walsh
Progress: 65/154pages
Amie Stuart
Progress: 14%

I wanted to love this

Buffy: The High School Years--Freaks & Geeks - Joss Whedon, Faith Erin Hicks, Yishan Li

I'd heard great things about the author, and I went into this knowing I'd hate the art, because I'd seen this in paper.   But it was on sale for one dollar, and I figured why not?

Unfortunately the art killed a lot of this for me.  It's not the manga style, even with characters I know.   Manga art can be amazing.   This particular art just didn't do it for me, and was quite frankly not the best, even with understanding how manga art differs from Western art.

This would play better if it didn't feel a little like some episodes; the question of whether or not teen outsiders, and those who had been done wrong, have been dealt with in the series, in a more nuanced way in my opinion.   The friends flipping on each other felt like that episode where Buffy's once-upon-a-time bestie male friend came from out of town, too.

So, yeah, not as impressed as I thought I'd be.  I was hoping for more, but glad to finally read this series and get a sense of what it was.