1479 Autobots

Tantor Audio, Becky Chambers, Rachel Dulude
Aaron Klein
Mojo: Conjure Stories
Progress: 64/352pages
Releasing Rage (Cyborg Sizzle Book 1)
Cynthia Sax
Studio Parlapa, Ruben Curto, Giuseppe Cafaro, Mirka Andolfo, Vince Hernandez
Progress: 39/120pages

Yes, please

Rocket (2017-) #2 - Al Ewing, Adam Gorham, Mike Mayhew

This gets good.   Rocket gets put away for something he stole, although he's glad to be put away since he's done well.   It was land that was being stolen from the people, a pave down paradise and put up a parking lot type of situation.   For an ex who screwed him over, sure, but...   Well, Rocket can't ignore big puppy dog eyes that are shimmering with unshed tears, at least not the way that Al Ewing writes Rocket.   (I disagree.   I think he'd mindfuck her a little more, pretend he wasn't going to do it just to let her know it wasn't all okay between them, but, hey...   Ewing wrote old school Rocket, who would have absolutely done this, so I can forgive the slight old school Rocket tendencies - even if I like Nu!Rocket better.)

What really stands out here is the space-bug Matt Murdock rip-off.   It's about as meta as I'd expect a Deadpool title to get and I laughed out loud in public reading this, startling a couple people.   And then startling them again a couple seconds later.

Still, those old-school tendencies did make me long for the Skottie Young Rocket titles.  I can forgive - I do want to continue with this series - but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to mention this or that it's going to be a five star read.   It feels somewhere between the old and new, which is a bit confusing for me, and takes me out of the story a little.   Still, it's much, much better than I expected from an Ewing title, so I'm overall happy with this series.