1481 Autobots
444 Decepticons
allhailgrimlock

Grimlock ♥ Vision

Releasing Rage (Cyborg Sizzle Book 1)
Cynthia Sax
Progress: 20%
Love & Gelato
Jenna Evans Welch
Progress: 145/400pages
The Aggressors!!
Chris Hamlin, Shane Cuthbert, Marcus Harwood, Dan Lee, Chris Young, Brett Savory, Jeff Robinson
Progress: 45/166pages
Progress: 15/116pages
Steven Universe Vol. 2
Rebecca Sugar, Coleman Engle, Jeremy Sorese

Love, love, love

Red Tornado (1985) #2 - Tom Ziuko, Frank McLaughlin, Carmine Infantino, Kurt Busiek

Well, well, well.   This is turning into not only a story about one of my favorite characters, but also a hurt/comfort story, which is one of my favorite tropes.   The Construct uses Tornado's every ally to turn the Tornado against humanity.   Since The Construct is able to control organic life, this is possible in the worst of ways: The Justice League condemn him, despite his attempts to help humanity, while the woman he loves and the girl he's saved from a war torn country, a girl he's become very close to, seem to turn against him.

The Contstruct is another AI run amok, and he considers organic life inferior.   Tornado is the only other artificial life form he knows.   The Construct finds it infuriating that Tornado fetishizes humans: he yearns to be one, and values their life, even above his own.  The Construct wants to use the people Tornado cares for to turn against him, so that he will turn against them as a result.

I like seeing my favorite characters brought low, especially when I know that things will turn out well.   (I happen to know that it will, given the Red Tornado series, and his appearances in the Justice League, that come long after this.)  This is the anticipation of having the pleasure of reading about how it will turn out well.   (Although I'm not against an angsty ending.  I tend to get too sad when the favorites are killed off, because they're dead, and obviously, I can't get more stories about them.   Even though I know it's often only temporary, I don't really enjoy those stories.   Tornado has a nasty habit of getting killed and a rather more pleasing habit of coming back from death, but I'm still hoping that doesn't happen in this mini-series!)

Anyway, this is a little old fashioned, both in writing and art.   Even the eighties comics are vastly different from the modern comics, and I tend to prefer the more modern comics.   Despite this, I'm absolutely loving this series!