1479 Autobots
allhailgrimlock

Grimlock ♥ Vision

Mojo: Conjure Stories
Progress: 64/352pages
Releasing Rage (Cyborg Sizzle Book 1)
Cynthia Sax
Ryan Ferrier, Devaki Neogi Kiran
Progress: 17/115pages

Sublime indeed!

The Electric Sublime #1 (of 4) - W. Prince, Martin Morazzo

I always find naming something you create, or your band, or whatever 'Sublime' - or some aspect of that - a little bit gutsy.  Is it sublime?   Really?   Oh, well, I'll decide that, thank you very much.   Sublime, the band, makes music I like; I'm not sure I'd call it sublime, but I do like to rock out to Sublime.

Still, I was, ah, a bit skeptical when it came to The Electric Sublime.   Would this hold up?   As a Humble Bundle title, I didn't know what to expect.  I like IDW in general, and liked enough of the titles to make this a steal even if I didn't like The Electric Sublime.   I quite frankly really wanted some of the D4VE issues, and The October Faction, and... well, let's just say I didn't really take a look at The Electric Sublime.   It was actually a cool title, and I thought it might have to do with something cyberpunk - especially with William Gibson's Archangel in the bunch, too - but even if not, well, I wanted the other things.

It turns out I should have given The Electric Sublime a little more attention.   It's divinely surrealistic, a tale about dreampainters: those who paint and turn their paintings into reality.   When abnormal deaths occur, and the Mona Lisa starts winking, a pattern emerges.   Which means that Abigail Breslin, the director of the Beaurae of Artistic Integrity, gets involved.  She in turn gets Arthur Brut involved, although this type of dreampainting has destroyed his sanity already.

There's more action than I expected, gorgeous art with a style that fits the bizarre, and intense, storyline, and I ended up loving these characters a lot more than I expected I would.   I have the third issue downloaded but the second issue is not downloading, and I want it, I want it right now.

Okay, fine, I'll be patient and wait for it to download.   Can it be now, please?