1480 Autobots

Hannibal Tabu, Michael Turner
Progress: 6/31pages

Nope, not for me

Adventure Time: Candy Capers - Ananth Panagariya, Yuko Ota, Ian McGinty

I'm still going to give the two Adventure Time volumes a try, just out of morbid curiosity.   But this?   I found this less painful than the show, but not by much.  I think part of me just wants to understand what people see in it, but at the same time, I realize I probably won't. They do.  I don't.   I'll just have to accept that fact.   I actually do.

I strive to understand what I don't get, even if I know I probably won't in the end, though, and it's a quirk that people will simply have to accept about me.  I went into this groaning, but desperately trying to give it a chance.  I stopped when it irritated me too much, and picked it up when I thought I was ready to give it another go, which is probably why this isn't a one star review.

I find the characters, plot, and humor to be not only juvenile, but not in a charming or clever way.   And I think that's my main problem with this.  I do enjoy the art more in the  graphic novels than the series.

I have this, like Giant Days, from the newest Humble Bundle.  I'm thinking of saving my new comics from this week for the porch or beach, so I'm going to be reading a lot of the Humble Bundles between cleaning.