1489 Autobots

Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones
Dan Uri, Dennis Eisenberg
Vision: The Complete Series (Vision: Director's Cut (2017))
Stephen King, Mike Del Mundo, Gabriel Hernandez Walta, Michael Walsh
Fred Van Lente, Steve Kurth, Jamal Igle
Progress: 65/154pages
Amie Stuart
Progress: 14%
Starting Out with Python (4th Edition)
Tony Gaddis
Progress: 248/744pages

Yes, please!

Giant Days Vol. 1 - Whitney Cogar, Lissa Treiman, John Allison

I read a preview of this a while ago, and was not into it, at all.   Maybe I just want' in the mood, or maybe it's the act that, in retrospect, the first story is a lot of setup, mostly about the dynamics between the three main character, Esther, Susan and Daisy.   And about their situation as students just gone off to university.

I found this much more compelling after the setup: the setup glosses over a lot of details, as it focuses on getting the reader prepared for what comes next.   The characters, the world, comes fully alive after that - and it's charming.   Fun, and while it delves into deeper issues - like feminism versus misandry, the complexities of relationships - it never gets full on dark.   (Susan and Esther have both been burned by love; their reaction is not... becoming.   Susan takes it out on the object of her affection, while Esther wallows in her pain.   Daisy is the most stable of them, and questions a lot about her rejection - but mostly about how she feels and what it means.)

Still, these characters are complex, all incredibly different from one another, and somehow simply work as three best friends.   I'm loving this so far, the writing and art equally as charming.   Lovely, funny, bright and sparkling, in tone and color, I'm eager to move onto volume two.   That'll be my reward for finishing Candy Caper.