1479 Autobots

Tantor Audio, Becky Chambers, Rachel Dulude
Aaron Klein
Mojo: Conjure Stories
Progress: 64/352pages
Releasing Rage (Cyborg Sizzle Book 1)
Cynthia Sax
Evil Empire Vol. 1
Max Bemis, Mike Getty, Andrea Mutti
Progress: 15/116pages

So. Much. Fun!

Rocket and Groot: Keep on Truckin'! (Marvel Middle Grade Novel) - Tom Angleberger, Tom Angleberger

And this was dirty.  I don't know how intentional that was, but I ended up snickering throughout this thing.

I can easily see a child reading this and not picking up on anything, but, boy, as an adult reading this...  Man, that was fun!   I did enjoy this on a level it was meant to be enjoyed: as an innocent kids book.   It was fun, and Rocket not wanting to be hugged, and just wanting to blow things up was credible.

It was fun, and funny, although there's no way to do a child's book about Rocket in his current incarnation - as opposed to how he originally appeared - without bending the word, and the characters, a bit.

Angleberger did an excellent job of mixing that super adult world, and making Rocket as in character as possible, while also making him kid-friendly.   (Although I wish Marvel would put out more adult novels for the adult characters, and leave the kiddie books to the child-friendly characters, to be honest.)

I was going to give this four stars, but, man, that layer of potentially unintentional adult humor pushed it up into five.   Short break so I don't get a huge migraine from too much sun exposure.  I came in to snack, to get some more water, and to write this review.  I'm going to stay inside long enough to read a comic or two, then probably back outside.   (See, with the beach I would have given up long ago.   The porch is nice because I have an awning that I'm considering using, and even if I don't, I step inside to all the comforts inside the house, then go out again when I want.  I'm going to porch it up as much as possible this summer!)