1480 Autobots

The Fathom Sourcebook #1
Hannibal Tabu, Michael Turner
Progress: 6/31pages

Just beautiful

Michael Turner Art Edition: Soulfire #1 - Michael Turner, Jeff Loeb, Michael Turner

Stunning art.   There's something about seeing Turner's art in pencil that really shows just how talented he was.   It's obvious even with the colors, but strip that away and it's all Turner.  I was talking a friend who hates the stripped down version of comics and how it's becoming a trend; I agree with him at times.   Sometimes the art, because it's meant to be colored, just looks better that way.   (This of course doesn't touch black and white comics: when it's meant to be just pencil and inks, that's a different category than putting them out in color then stripping them down to pencils and/or pencils and inks.)

Turner just gets better.  While he draws the best to him - inkers and colorists - because he's such a star, I somehow like the stripped down stuff even better.  Or maybe in a different way but I appreciate it more because there's so little of this out there.

It's issues that's I've already read, but I enjoyed reading them again just for this art.