445 Autobots

Progress: 148/432pages
Transformers Robots in Disguise: Where Crown City Comes to Life
Caroline Rowlands
Progress: 3/32pages
Avengers: Absolute Vision - Book Two (Avengers (1963-1996))
Progress: 98/360pages
Deadpool Classic Vol. 20: Ultimate Deadpool
Kelly Doudna, Mark Bagley, Brian Michael Bendis
Altered Carbon
Richard K. Morgan
Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones

Wanted this to be a five star

Faith #1 Retailer Exclusive Cover by Stephanie Hans, Source Comics and Games - Jody Houser, Stephanie Hans

I'd heard great things about this series, or at least the mini-series before this, by the same author.  So, needless to say I was psyched to see it in my grab bag.   Except that Faith didn't work for me solo.   Oh, she did on a lot of levels: she's relentlessly cheery, as I've accused of being, so I think part of this was too much of me seeing me in her.   It turns out too much of me, too much of that relentless cheeriness, annoys me, too.   Go figure.  I'll try to be just a shade darker, immediate world, to balance that out and be less relentlessly annoying.

I also didn't really care about Faith's life, gaming and even writing for a website.  I wanted to see more action.   Part of what was great about Faith in a team is that action was foisted upon her, and here not so much.

On the other hand, it was a pretty cool storyline, Faith has a really good life - if not something I find incredibly compelling as reading material - and I got super interested in the twist at the end.   Which was twisted.  I also relate to Faith and her continuing fangirling, so it was nice to see someone nerdy in the same way I am in comics.

I'd be willing to give this another issue, but if the focus is as intensely on Faith's person life as issue two, I'll probably drop this series.  I read comics for action, and so much like Cavalier and Klay - perfect book for me on first glance - I don't really want to read the behind the scenes, all the details about a personal life.  I want the soap opera dramatics, and super powered fights.   I want it all.

Work the personal life around that, and I'm a happy camper.   I think Faith could easily find this balance, but this first issue makes me wonder if it will because I felt it was completely disproportionately skewed towards the personal life.