1479 Autobots

Progress: 23/335pages
Transformers and Philosophy: More than Meets the Mind
Geoffrey Allan Plauché, Liz Stillwaggon Swan, John R. Shook
Progress: 12/384pages

Loved the story, meh on the art

Star Trek Archives Vol. 4: Best of Deep Space Nine - Lurene Haines, Mike W. Barr, Gordon Purcell, Rob Davis

The art wasn't bad, but recent printing choices in comics make them so slick I think I've just gotten used to that quality and a bit snobby about it all.   Even without the benefit of glossy paper, or the coloring systems used now, the pencils weren't the most fantastic I've seen, not even in Star Trek comics.

But my fears that the stories wouldn't be good based on some poor photograph choices and the early art choices were unfounded.   The art quality stayed the same - better than mediocre, not the best I've seen - but the stories were phenomenal, getting at some of the best conflicts in Deep Space Nine: how to resolve the conflict between Bajorans and Cardassians given the recent, and traumatic, history between the two people, and who has rights, and the way the characters interact.

This all seems to be before Odo finds his people, so the earlier DS9 years, but that's okay: I enjoyed those when I finally got into this show, so I appreciated all these stories.

I'm ready for more Trek.  I figure in a day or two, I'll revert back to Turner's bundle, but for now?  These volumes are so excellent they just make me want to read more Trek.