1482 Autobots
447 Decepticons
allhailgrimlock

Grimlock ♥ Inhumans

The Organization of Information (Library and Information Science Text Series)
Daniel N. Joudrey, Arlene G. Taylor
Mojo: Conjure Stories
Progress: 64/352pages

Wolverine shows up

Spider-Gwen (2015-) #20 - Jason Latour, Robbi Rodriguez

And man, this is just as twisted as the Daredevil reveal.   Well, not quite so much, but only because Daredevil has been fleshed out in this series, and has been shown to be cunning, and manipulative, and willing to use all his power to turn Gwen to his side, or at least use her to his benefit.   Wolverine is more of a blunt tool, but it's not so much how he treats Gwen - or the Osborne's, or any of his bounties - so much as how he deals with his protege, Shadowcat.   Nasty stuff, and I see a lot of the same power dynamics that goes into the Daredevil  and Gwen relationship, except that Shadowcat has drunk the kool aid.   (Her backstory is not delved into, and his is told as a myth, a story told round the fire at camp to scare children more than the truth.  I think there are kernels of truth, in that Weapon X comes into play and acts much as it did in 616, but I'm not so sure about the curses.   I'm not discounting anything given the differences in this universe, but I'm extremely skeptical given the context: frightened prey who insists on calling Wolverine 'Mr. Murderhands' at first is retelling a rumor he heard and believes because he's frightened.)

Shadowcat.   Did she follow Wolverine willingly from the beginning?  Or was she co-erced, or tortured, into obedience?   Given how Wolverine tries to deal with her to get to the bounty first, I wouldn't discount the second or third option.   Given what I know about S.H.I.E.L.D in this part of the multiverse, I think those are likely options in fact.   (Or that they would, at least, ignore what Wolverine did to get her to toe the line.)

It's a lovely interplay between them.  No, actually, it's horrifying, but it's lovely to see how Latour balances that and Gwen and Daredevil and also how she's trying to hard to save her friend, from both himself and from Mr. Murderhands and his just as scary - and just as murder-y - friend.

The art, as always, is atmospheric, the colors vibrant and lush to match the action and emotive content, as well.   Just perfectly matched to this comic; I can't imagine another artist illustrating this series, in fact.  Oh, I'm sure they could, but this art has become iconic for the series, at least to me, and I try to imagine what it would be like illustrated by anyone else and come up blank.