441 Autobots

Grimlock ♥ Prince Robot IV

Transformers: IDW Collection - Phase Two Vol. 4
Various, Various
Progress: 354/354pages
Avengers: Absolute Vision - Book Two (Avengers (1963-1996))
Progress: 98/360pages
Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones
Dan Uri, Dennis Eisenberg
Vision: The Complete Series (Vision: Director's Cut (2017))
Stephen King, Mike Del Mundo, Gabriel Hernandez Walta, Michael Walsh
Progress: 65/154pages
Amie Stuart
Progress: 14%

Only two more issues

ODY-C Vol. 2 - Leonard Bacon;Joseph Parrish Thompson;Richard Salter Storrs;Henry Ward Beecher;Joshua Leavitt;Henry Chandler Bowen;Theodore Tilton;William Hayes Ward;Hamilton Holt;Harold de Wolf Fuller;Fabian Franklin;Christian Archibald Herter, Matt Fraction

This volume covers issues six through ten and I picked up issues eleven and twelve for a whopping $1.40.   That's less than half the price of the original prices of most comics I buy!   The storyline continues to be excellent, although I feel like this veers from The Odyssey a bit.   The kinky bull and the boy he starts teaching - not kinky stuff, just history and myths - turns into 1001 Nights.   We're with the bull's former mistress/queen, Ene, and talking about Heracles a lot, although I can't remember how much this aligns with the original Odyssey.   I suspect that Matt Fraction got bolder as this went on and ended up diverging a bit, but I don't actually have a copy of the Odyssey on me.   (And after being spoiled but the translation I read in coulee, I can't back to other translations online.)

It didn't matter.  I was so wrapped up in Ene and the bull and more of the pettiness of the gods that I couldn't stop reading this.   It's fascinating and it tries to peel back some of truths of our being by shedding light on some of our darkest impulses.   (Although some of our best are here, too.   That bull may stay in leather 24/7, but his sacrifice for the boy he comes to love as a son?  I almost wept.)

Ward's art continues to highlight how bizarre this whole series gets, and again, works perfectly with the story itself.   Bright, even dazzling, it fills the scope of this story to the brim and makes it as rewarding visually as it is to read as a story.

I"m going to save the last two issues for at least a day or two.  I still have over a week to the next Black Bolt, and  I don't have anything else illustrated by Christian Ward to keep me going until then.