1479 Autobots

Tantor Audio, Becky Chambers, Rachel Dulude
Aaron Klein
Mojo: Conjure Stories
Progress: 64/352pages
Releasing Rage (Cyborg Sizzle Book 1)
Cynthia Sax
Evil Empire Vol. 1
Max Bemis, Mike Getty, Andrea Mutti
Progress: 15/116pages

Big mystical battle

Blue Beetle (2016-) #9 - J.M. DeMatteis, Keith Giffen, Jr.,  Romulo Fajardo, Scott Kolins

So, for some reason, this battle is feeling drawn out.   Maybe it's because it feels like a lot of the fighting takes place off page, or maybe it's because with Reyes depowered, I'm just not feeling this as much.

I also am interested in Dr. Fate and his role in all this, but he's out of the picture for now, too.

Maybe it was that in addition to all this, there are enough subplots for this to feel scattered.   I don't notice, or mind, as much when I'm fully engaged with the story, but I was clearly not.   Still, bits of humor even in the darkest of times, and I'm loving how everyone banded together to fight, no matter what their situation.

I guess I'm just grumbling because, so far, I've loved this series as a whole.   This particular issue fell short for me, and that's frustrating.   I can't quite pinpoint it: the characters are in character, the plot is sensible given what's happening, and I'm still not happy.   Even my complaints - like the multiple subplots - are common in comics.  I'm just not quite happy with how this all came together, given the specifics of the plot right now.   I think I also enjoyed the lighter tone in the beginning; I need that, especially right now, and it's particularly disappointing that this is getting darker when I needed something lighter.

I'm still willing to give this an issue or two, at least, especially given the ending.  I'm particularly intrigued to see what will happen next!   And I love how easy DC is making the digital redemption: no scrolling through the comics given the placement in the back of the peel of sticker for the code, and no having to merge accounts as it assumes you have either an Amazon or Comixology account and adds it immediately depending on where you sign up.  (It's also on the DC app, and DC store, but I mostly read via Comixology because I have my Amazon, Marvel and now my DC account merged so it's absolutely perfect for me because I have all my comics in one place!)