1479 Autobots

Tantor Audio, Becky Chambers, Rachel Dulude
Aaron Klein
Mojo: Conjure Stories
Progress: 64/352pages
Releasing Rage (Cyborg Sizzle Book 1)
Cynthia Sax
Max Bemis, Mike Getty, Andrea Mutti
Progress: 15/116pages

Love, love, love

Daredevil (2015-) #20 - Charles Soule, Ron Garney, Mike Deodato

I'm loving Garney's work on this series; his art feels very much like it lines up with Daredevil's storyline, a little dark, a little gritty, a little street.   Daredevil always gets involved with street level justice: smaller crimes than the world being put in danger by magic, or aliens.   (And yes, he's had storylines where he's been involved in such things, or similar things, but a staple of his character is that he looks over a certain part of a town, or a town, and he gets involved in the abuses of the characters of that town, or part of town.  Physical abuse, drugs, assaults, robberies, and the list goes on.)   Like Green Arrow, Luke Cage, and at some points Spider-Man, Daredevil is very much a street level hero, and Garney's artwork reflects this: the darkness that lurks in the streets, while the colorists tend to brighten things up for Daredevil's day life as Matt Murdock, prosecutor.   (Since Daredevil is active a lot during the nights, this is a little easier to do.)

The Purple Man/Purple Children storyline comes to an end.   I'm continually surprised by this: I expect certain things to happen, and other things do that make far more sense.   I'm also liking that a nod is given to Daredevil's faith, and his Catholic guilt, which makes up so much of why he does this, and why he feels so responsible for the people around him.   The moment at the end with him talking to the priest was touching and has stayed with me, more strongly than some of the big reveals.   It was a small moment that was so, so big for me.

A really nice addition to this series.