1489 Autobots

Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones
Dan Uri, Dennis Eisenberg
Vision: The Complete Series (Vision: Director's Cut (2017))
Stephen King, Mike Del Mundo, Gabriel Hernandez Walta, Michael Walsh
Fred Van Lente, Steve Kurth, Jamal Igle
Progress: 65/154pages
Amie Stuart
Progress: 14%
Starting Out with Python (4th Edition)
Tony Gaddis
Progress: 248/744pages

So, this, then...

Royals (2017-) #3 - Al Ewing, Jonboy Meyers

Oh, Al Ewing, I still think you're a mediocre comic book writer - which is why I'll never tweet my reviews at you, or read your Rocket series unless it's dirt cheap/free from the library - but I kinda like how fucked up this issue was.   Like how Maximus and Black Bolt's parents pit them against each other in so many ways, or used them, or experimented on them, because whose children were the expected to experiment on if not their own, hmmm?   (Yeah, they actually had a conversation that asked that question.   Because clearly not experimenting on any children was just out of the question, I guess.)

I mean, I thought nothing was going to get weirder than Batman, and then this.   It's better than Ewing's usual fare, but, y'know, not that much.   And I only liked this because twisted, and I can get behind that.   Also, the tie in to Black Bolt in which Maximus goes over how he tricked everyone into believing he was Black Bolt, and why they can't rescue Black Bolt now.

But the art, man.   Ugh.   The art seems to be getting worse.