1482 Autobots

Grimlock ♥ Inhumans

My Best Friend's Exorcism: A Novel
Grady Hendrix
Progress: 178/336pages
Starting Out with Python (4th Edition)
Tony Gaddis
Rising Stars: Compendium - Part 1
J. Michael Straczynski, Various
Progress: 22/1009pages
Executive Assistant: Assassins Omnibus Vol. 1
Lori Hanson, Mark Roslan, Vince Hernandez, Jordan Gunderson, Teodoro Gonzalez de Leon, John Starr, Charlie Adlard, X.J. Kennedy
Progress: 283/408pages
Blue Beetle (2016-) #16
Jr., Romulo Fajardo, Christopher Sebela, Thony Silas, Scott Kolins

So, this, then...

Royals (2017-) #3 - Al Ewing, Jonboy Meyers

Oh, Al Ewing, I still think you're a mediocre comic book writer - which is why I'll never tweet my reviews at you, or read your Rocket series unless it's dirt cheap/free from the library - but I kinda like how fucked up this issue was.   Like how Maximus and Black Bolt's parents pit them against each other in so many ways, or used them, or experimented on them, because whose children were the expected to experiment on if not their own, hmmm?   (Yeah, they actually had a conversation that asked that question.   Because clearly not experimenting on any children was just out of the question, I guess.)

I mean, I thought nothing was going to get weirder than Batman, and then this.   It's better than Ewing's usual fare, but, y'know, not that much.   And I only liked this because twisted, and I can get behind that.   Also, the tie in to Black Bolt in which Maximus goes over how he tricked everyone into believing he was Black Bolt, and why they can't rescue Black Bolt now.

But the art, man.   Ugh.   The art seems to be getting worse.