1489 Autobots

Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones
Dan Uri, Dennis Eisenberg
Vision: The Complete Series (Vision: Director's Cut (2017))
Stephen King, Mike Del Mundo, Gabriel Hernandez Walta, Michael Walsh
Fred Van Lente, Steve Kurth, Jamal Igle
Progress: 65/154pages
Amie Stuart
Progress: 14%
Starting Out with Python (4th Edition)
Tony Gaddis
Progress: 248/744pages

Tongues of Serpents - Naomi Novik

It took me two months to read this, because comics, depression, anxiety, and the fact that for a huge chunk of this comic everyone gets really hot.   And I'm not talking sexy, here.   No robot dragons.   Just a whole lot of sweating and thirst.   And I mean, obviously hyperbole, but jeebus, I needed something to happen!   Much like in her other books, Novik brings on the action fast and furious when it comes time for all that, but jeebus the first half of this book.

And all my whining is highly unfair: I still love Temeraire, and I love how views the world.   They were, in fairness, trying to find something very precious they had lost, and while I found it boring, I still wanted to spend more time with these characters.

And as always, the ending saved this from a lower star rating.   Enough happens between the characters to make this a very, very. very long character study of them all and how they get along.  Enough happens to certain characters that I loved them for that I was willing to overlook some of the faults in this novel - like the long, boring journey's where, like, nothing happens.

Enough happens in the ending to set up the next book.   But, jeebus.   I need a break.   Oh, look, the Transformers/GI Joe crossover.   The one that I've been sitting on because I'm not very fond of the series, but new Transformers stuff so you know I'm going to read it.  I need at least that before I start on this series again.