1485 Autobots

Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones
Dan Uri, Dennis Eisenberg
Vision: The Complete Series (Vision: Director's Cut (2017))
Stephen King, Mike Del Mundo, Gabriel Hernandez Walta, Michael Walsh
Fred Van Lente, Steve Kurth, Jamal Igle
Progress: 65/154pages
Amie Stuart
Progress: 14%
Starting Out with Python (4th Edition)
Tony Gaddis
Allen B. Downey
Progress: 51/292pages

Hell, yeah!

Spawn #271 - Todd McFarlane, Todd McFarlane

So... who's loving some Spawn right now?   That's right, me!   Love, love, love.   By focusing on Al Simmons, Cyan, and Terry Fitzgerald, there's a little less fatigue with the heaven versus hell war.   I was feeling fatigue when I originally read this, and a bit like the story was treading water.  I cared more when there was a mix of the personal, too, and I'm finding this is the case.   Al Simmons is getting pretty badass, too, which he originally was when he was confused, and then when he was trying to protect the wife he left behind - and her new family.

And while there is a lot happening with hell and heaven, some of it, most of it, in the background for now, I've been liking what's been done so far.   It feels more purposeful in some ways, and even when it doesn't, I'm enjoying the relationship between Spawn and Cyan - it's more like a father and daughter relationship than anything, despite the fact that her father is still alive, and very involved in her life, and cares for her deeply.  I'm enjoying how Terry Fitzgerald, Cyan's father, Simmons' best friend and Wanda's widower, is struggling with Cyan, who's grief is so profound she's become addicted to drugs.   (Although I suspect her connection to Spawn's suit, and inability to be in daylight, may have more to do with this situation than Terry realizes right now.)   He doesn't want to see her in the pain of withdrawal, but this is complicated because it may not be just withdrawal.

And she has to go through that to get better in the end.   Complicated stuff, and even when there is a right answer to her situation, the emotions involved, especially while he's processing the loss of his wife and his children's mother, may just pull too strongly at him.  It doesn't make him a bad person, or character, especially when I can sympathize with him.   It just means he's making some really horrible choices, out of love and pain.