1489 Autobots

Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones
Dan Uri, Dennis Eisenberg
Vision: The Complete Series (Vision: Director's Cut (2017))
Stephen King, Mike Del Mundo, Gabriel Hernandez Walta, Michael Walsh
Fred Van Lente, Steve Kurth, Jamal Igle
Progress: 65/154pages
Amie Stuart
Progress: 14%
Starting Out with Python (4th Edition)
Tony Gaddis
Progress: 248/744pages

I'm kinda sorry I don't have too much more of this

Star-Lord (2016-) #4 - Chip Zdarsky, Kris Anka

This series, guys.   I'm serious.    Because this is some of the most fun I've had with comics in a  while, and I got these on sale before I decided to veer towards not-Marvel.   And stuff like this?   Is why I'll never completely give up on Marvel.  I've been reading this series, giggling like crazy in public, and just getting into the goofy fun here.

Not at all politicized, at least not in a straightforward way.   That is there is no commentary on current politics, and nothing said about gender politics.   And yet, by promoting this as sexy-times, all focused on Star-Lord's hot body, and by treating him as women have been treated - oogled, undressed, and even posed to titilate,this does say more than simply lecturing on the subject.   I've also found that men who defend women being objectified tend to speak up when it happens to men, because it makes them feel uncomfortable.  Suddenly they aren't okay with it, and sometimes, just sometimes, this is enough to make them understand why women are uncomfortable with the way women are treated in comics.   So it might be doing more by ignoring the subject in the literal text, and simply silently objectifying Star-Lord.

As my sister said, it's probably best that we just stop objectifying people.   And yet I doubt comics will stop because it sells.   As long as they're objectifying people, and determined to continue doing so, it's nice to see that it's not just women.   Add to that, it's not just objectifying him.   As I said, he's pretty oblivious to it all, and it's panels that don't take away from the story that's being told, about Star-Lord, the old dude he's babysitting, or the villain bar he works at.   (Yeah, it's a bar for supervillains.  Go figure, right?)

Still charming, still fun, and turns out it's a little through provoking, especially when you binge them a whole bunch.   Love, love, love.