1479 Autobots

Progress: 12/384pages
Star-Lord (2016-2017) Annual #1
Djibril Morissette-Phan, Chip Zdarsky, Kris Anka

Oh, yes, please!

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (2015-) #18 - Amy Reeder, Brandon Montclare, Amy Reeder, Natacha Bustos

I'm still loving Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur.   Lunella Lafayette, aka Moon Girl, is stumped when it comes to fighting off an invasion of Doombots, especially since she's used to fighting on her own - and more recently depending only on Devil Dinosaur.   Devil might be unintelligent enough to be a pain in the ass, but at the same time, Lunella knows he's well meaning and loyal enough to be considered a tried and true friend.   She might yell at him, or even tell him he's a big dum-dum, but underneath it all, they have a friendship that's based on mutual respect.   (Lunella yells at him and calls him a dum-dum for a couple reasons, ranging from the fact that he often times can get in the way to the fact that she's the smartest person on the planet and until very recently, no one would acknowledge this, or would help her find a way out of the boring hell hole of her school life.   She'd get frustrated, and take it out on him, but... she also praises him, and very obviously cares a great deal about him and his well being.  Honestly, her yelling at him bothers me, even though I realize that it's frustration from her home life, and that Devil doesn't seem to mind, or really even be aware of how wrong what she's saying is.)

Still, despite this minor complaint, I love both how Moon Girl figured out how to defeat the Doombots and the epiphany she had about what it said about her and how she interacts with the world around her.   It also makes me think that with this knowledge, and with her friends supporting her, she may stop treating Devil Dinosaur the way she does.   Maybe not, because learned habits can be hard to kick - but one can hope, especially since superheroes are supposed to be the best of us.   Which means, in this case, that I'm hoping she does better sooner rather than later.