1479 Autobots

Progress: 12/384pages
Star-Lord (2016-2017) Annual #1
Djibril Morissette-Phan, Chip Zdarsky, Kris Anka

Love, love, love

Aquaman Vol. 2: Black Manta Rising (Rebirth) - Dan Abnett, Brad Walker, Phillipe Briones

Love this continuation.   Black Manta is broken out of prison - a theme in this series? - and is recruited into N.E.M.O, an invisible organization of super-evil that controls the world from behind the scenes.   Black Manta proceeds to take control of N.E.M.O and to make taking down Aquaman - something they'd wanted him to do anyway - his first priority and lifelong obsession.  So, really, nothing's changed for him.

Black Manta raises the stakes on the war bubbling between Atlantis and the US, and forces Curry into quicker action.   He has to hold the US at bay, while figuring out who's sabotaging his country.   While dealing with extremists, terrorists, and his own people who are newly disillusioned about the surface dwellers.

It's a lot to throw at him, and it's one of the reasons he can handle the Justice League in my opinion.  He keeps a cool head, and juggles all of this imminent problems, and he deals with them personally whenever possible.

I'm kinda starting to love this character.  I'll be on the lookout for volume three.