1480 Autobots
442 Decepticons
allhailgrimlock

Grimlock ♥ Vision

ODY-C Vol. 2
Leonard Bacon;Joseph Parrish Thompson;Richard Salter Storrs;Henry Ward Beecher;Joshua Leavitt;Henry Chandler Bowen;Theodore Tilton;William Hayes Ward;Hamilton Holt;Harold de Wolf Fuller;Fabian Franklin;Christian Archibald Herter, Matt Fraction
Progress: 10/119pages
Progress: 8%
Inhumans By Paul Jenkins & Jae Lee
Paul Jenkins, Jae Lee
Progress: 12/276pages
Bots - Tome 1 (French Edition)
Aurélien Ducoudray, Steve Baker
Superheroes: Fashion and Fantasy
Michael Chabon, Andrew Bolton, Andrew Bolton
A Long December
Richard Chizmar
Progress: 20%

So, not sure how accessible this is

Carabosse - tome 1 - Le bal (French Edition) - Nicolas Pona, Stambecco

After all, it's in French and as far as I can see untranslated.   On the plus side, I wanted to nail my French reading, and I'm not really there. I need a lot more practice.   But I'm picking it back up fairly quickly and this really helped.   It was all about the witch Carabosee, but also a new take on her.     While reading this, I picked up a newspaper that mentioned the witch Carabosse in the Sleeping Beauty ballet.

Ah, so this wasn't a new character.   I looked up here history here and found some interesting ways she's been used throughout history.   She was originally part of a fairy tale called The Princess Mayblossom, and then was used in Sleeping Beauty later on.   She's most well known as the witch in Sleeping Beauty - again from the ballet - but she was renamed Maleficent in the Disney movie.   Although, again, she was never really Sleeping Beauty's witch in the first place.

Regardless, this witch is completely different: she reincarnates, with no memory of her past.   When the two men - a scientist and a rich patron of said scientist - find her, they try to explain her past and how she worked for a society that has been cast as criminals but were supposedly honorable.   Carabosse herself finds this hard to believe: that she's a witch at first, and not evil later on.   After all, the flashes of memory seem to indicate that she destroys everything she loves, everything she touches.   Despite one of her past lives bringing fore a memory that she doesn't want to kill - and her inability to kill a guard in her present life - she's surrounded by so much violence, and forced to defend herself, and she believes herself to be evil.

There are plot twists galore as Carabosse and her companions try to get her magic wand, which is now a gun since it morphs to match the era in which she's reincarnated.   I found so many elements of this fascinating, although the history behind Carabosse was a bit convoluted.  It was explained by the end of this volume and I gladly went looking for tome deux.   Sadly, it doesn't exist!   Still, a worthwhile and fun read.