1481 Autobots
allhailgrimlock

Grimlock ♥ Vision

Mojo: Conjure Stories
Progress: 64/352pages
Releasing Rage (Cyborg Sizzle Book 1)
Cynthia Sax
Ryan Ferrier, Devaki Neogi Kiran
Progress: 17/115pages

Love, love, love

Halo and Sprocket #5 - Kerry Callen

I wish there was more Halo and Sprocket.   Halo is an angel who's confounded by the world of humans.   Sprocket is a robot confounded by the human world in much the same ways.   They're both innocents, shocked by human pettiness, and rage.   For example, they want to show their human an astonishing thing, that one of them can turn their head around completely.   They're both utterly fascinated, and when they barge into the bathroom, they're both baffled by said human's hostility.  The fact that she is naked, and bathing - and using the toilet - don't seem to penetrate.   They just want to share this fascinating thing with her.

The discussion of why a woman shaves her legs but not her arms is hilarious.   When it's explained it's to show off her shapely legs, they deduce that women don't care about showing off their shapely arms.   But they shave armpits, so they clearly want to show off their shapely armpits, right?

It would be pedantic, except it's all adorable.   It's like a puppy or a child trying to poke at the world and figure out why it works.   Behind that, behind the small frustrations, Halo, Sprocket and the token human in this book all care for each other deeply.   So even while I'm laughing, I'm feeling the love.   It's a warm, cheerful book, and I need that sometimes.  I read this early yesterday which is probably one of the reasons I didn't completely lose it yesterday night or this morning.

Love, love, love this series.   I particularly love Sprocket.