1478 Autobots

Tantor Audio, Becky Chambers, Rachel Dulude
Aaron Klein
Mojo: Conjure Stories
Progress: 64/352pages
Releasing Rage (Cyborg Sizzle Book 1)
Cynthia Sax
Trish out of Water Vol. 1
Studio Parlapa, Ruben Curto, Giuseppe Cafaro, Mirka Andolfo, Vince Hernandez
Progress: 39/120pages

Love, but...

Motor Crush #5 - Brenden Fletcher, Cameron Stewart, Babs Tarr, Cameron Stewart, Babs Tarr

This is the end of volume one, and has been building up to what, and who, Domino Swift really is.  See, she can drown in Crush and be fine - in fact, better than fine.   Great.   Meanwhile, anyone else who drinks crush dies horribly.   Crush is, after all, an illegal drug of sorts - but it's only meant to power up bikes used for racing.

I didn't want, I wasn't going to demand, a full reveal.   But it feels like an awful tease to build up to a reveal and give us... nothing.  I know nothing more than what I did, and even what I do know - she was found, and adopted, something is after her - feels so vague that I might as well know nothing.  And this is disappointing.

The writing is otherwise fantastic: the relationships are layered, the characters are complex, and I love the rules of this new world, and the world itself.   The art is lush.   I also love that Domino is in love with  her ex - and ex-mechanic - Lola.   That whole relationship is amazing, because Lola realized it was unhealthy because Domino was lying and left, despite the fact that she loves Dom very much.   And even though they are working together again, Lola claims it's temporary, especially if Dom lies again.   She's also calls Dom on her current bullshit, so I feel like that's going to get more interesting - In August.   That's right, arc two starts in August :/

I want more now, though.