1485 Autobots

Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones
Dan Uri, Dennis Eisenberg
Vision: The Complete Series (Vision: Director's Cut (2017))
Stephen King, Mike Del Mundo, Gabriel Hernandez Walta, Michael Walsh
Fred Van Lente, Steve Kurth, Jamal Igle
Progress: 65/154pages
Amie Stuart
Progress: 14%
Starting Out with Python (4th Edition)
Tony Gaddis
Allen B. Downey
Progress: 51/292pages

Transcendently bizarre!

Doom Patrol (2016-) #5 - Gerard Way, Tamra Bonvillain, Nick Derington

This has a lot to it, it's just wrapped up in the oddest trappings possible.  I'm especially having a hard time grasping what's happening to Trainor, and I suspect the fact that I haven't read much Doom Patrol is a hindrance, as well.   Still, what little I've read off the internet about the earlier series seems to indicate this, much like Shade the Changing Girl, is a departure from the original: it's meant to be a new take that stays true to the roots and general feel of the original series.

Don't read out of order, though, or else you will be super confused.   Some series, I feel, could summarize and don't in order to get you read in order.   I feel it's penalizing to those who jump on board later - and quite frankly a bad move as something coherent/summarizations would allow a broader readership if someone did manage to miss issue one.   It feels like a money grab to me.   Not summarizing Doom Patrol, or needing to read in order, doesn't feel like that in this one.   (And, yes, I have the same complaint for Suicide Squad which I like as much; they could easily summarize and don't.   Doom Patrol doesn't feel like a mad grab for money, while Suicide Squad feels more so like that.   Suicide Squad penalizes those who don't buy regularly, because they could easily summarize and don't; Doom Patrol doesn't as it couldn't easily summarize.   It's too bizarre to really grasp the whole thing in one page.   The story itself makes that impossible, so I don't feel like needing to read this in order is just for the money: there's simply no other way to tell this story, and to explain what's happened before.)

Love, love, love!