1479 Autobots

Star-Lord (2016-2017) Annual #1
Djibril Morissette-Phan, Chip Zdarsky, Kris Anka

Loving this again!

Uncanny Avengers (2015-) #21 - Gerry Duggan, Kevin Libranda, Adam Kubert

So the thing is that I keep going 'eh' about this series, then loving it again.   I'm not sure why; I love Duggan's writing in general.   Not only that, this happened in Deadpool, but I understand why.  Deadpool, as a character, can be overwhelming, not only to the audience, but, I suspect, to the writers as well.   It explains why Way's run felt like it was treading water, and why Duggan's run could have been that - if he hadn't found the balance of the outrageousness, the social commentary allowed by breaking the fourth wall constantly, and the emotional aspect of Deadpool's new family.

So I ended up loving this series, a Deadpool-centric Avengers, but.... it felt like it was losing it's way again.   And then it wasn't.  Now it isn't.

It's got a strong emotionally resonant storyline with the Red Skull, and him fighting the X-Men and mutants once again.  But especially the X-Men who were trained by Xavier.   Even Deadpool is trying to save Rogue from killing the Red Skull.

But that ending was so... logical.   Of course Rogue would do that instead.   After all, if Xavier's power is living in his brain, perhaps she think Xavier lives there still?   And even if not, simply having the Skull using Xavier's power itself was an insult to the man, a misuse of his power he would never have allowed if he were capable of fighting back at all.

Even if they can't literally save Xavier, they can save his power from the dreadful corruption it's been put through, and well, Xavier was a father to many of the unwanted and cast out mutant children whom he sheltered, taught, and, yes, even loved as if they were his own children.   He is beloved - and of course the X-Men would never let this stand.

The question is will anyone find them - and if they do, will they help, hinder, or even consider what Rogue is doing immoral or illegal.   Also, there's a question in my mind of if Cap will show up given that recent fuckery which makes me rage all over the place, because why, Marvel?

Still, I'm so super excited about this series again right now.