1489 Autobots

Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones
Dan Uri, Dennis Eisenberg
Vision: The Complete Series (Vision: Director's Cut (2017))
Stephen King, Mike Del Mundo, Gabriel Hernandez Walta, Michael Walsh
Fred Van Lente, Steve Kurth, Jamal Igle
Progress: 65/154pages
Amie Stuart
Progress: 14%
Starting Out with Python (4th Edition)
Tony Gaddis
Progress: 248/744pages

Not bad, just not groundbreaking

Marvel Universe vs. Wolverine #1 (of 4) - Jonathan Maberry, Laurence Campbell

All in all, I liked the slow buildup, I liked the way the characters realistically try to figure out what's going on, I like the way that Wolverine decides where the line is and when he's going to step over that line.

My main problem is that zombies as an infestation have been done and this doesn't add anything that feels new to this.   Within other Marvel Zombies, the exploration of Deadpool as Headpool felt new - I wasn't sure he could sustain himself as a head, at least - and the relationship between a zombified Wanda and Vision was deliciously creepy in a way that I've yet to see in any other comic with them.   In other words, even if the zombie threat wasn't new, something new was done with this world when combined with zombies.

Wolverine's thoughts about how innocent Piotr is and how he should be spared from this didn't feel new, groundbreaking. or something that Wolverine wouldn't think about Piotr or a handful of other characters in the Marvel universe.   And somehow, him and Piotr are explored here, as best friends, which wasn't only done before, it was confusing.   (The Elf is just as much of a best friend to Logan; if you were going to choose between the other waves of X-Men, in fact, I'd choose Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler as Logan's best friend.   Not that Wolves and Colossus didn't get along, but I was always under the impression that Logan was closer to Nightcrawler.)

So all in all, as much as I enjoyed this, I couldn't give it a full five stars, not without something new being said about the characters added to the lack of originality as far as zombies go.    Another freebie, although I'm not sure if this was via Comixology or via the Marvel codes.