1479 Autobots

Progress: 12/384pages
Star-Lord (2016-2017) Annual #1
Djibril Morissette-Phan, Chip Zdarsky, Kris Anka

Fairly good

Rogue (2004-2005) #1 - Robert Rodi, Rodolfo Migliari, Cliff Richards, Norm Rapmund

But the thing is that this kind of throws us into the middle of things.   Being number one, I expected at least Gambit's blindness to be explained, but nothing.  I was grasping at straws trying to figure out some things, and that dimmed some enjoyment as much of my attention was divided between the story and trying to piece things together.

Furthermore, Rogue was incredibly depressed, didn't act well as she risked a girl's life to feel family herself, and was all 'I can't touch people so I guess I'll just think it isn't worth living.'  I guess I'm angry because I can't do a lot of the things she can - for different reasons - and yet I'm still struggling to find reasons to hope.  I probably hate her for this gloomy disposition as a reaction for hating myself even more when I fall prey to it.

Or maybe it was just a sloppy first issue, without enough information for me to enjoy this although there was just enough for me to muddle through.   I'm unconvinced that Rogue can control the situation she claims she can: a child can get freaked out for many reasons, and I'm not sure she can just keep her calm because she says so after knowing her for five minutes.

Basically, I felt like most of this was lackluster.  I was fooled by the beautiful cover and it was free on Comixology, but I was still disappointed.

It was trying to set up a new team and did.   It seeded a lot for later, or so I suspect, but I'm not sure I'm interested enough to check the res of this out...