444 Autobots

Progress: 20/312pages
Transformers Robots in Disguise: Where Crown City Comes to Life
Caroline Rowlands
Progress: 3/32pages
Avengers: Absolute Vision - Book Two (Avengers (1963-1996))
Progress: 98/360pages

Not that flawed

X-23 (2005) #1 - Christopher Yost, Billy Tan, Jonathan Sibal

Mostly this is backstory: this follows the group of scientists who create X-23, including Zander Rice, son of one of the men who create Weapon X (who would later go by both Wolverine and Logan.)

As creepy as the movie storyline is - using unsuspecting women to carry your human weapons - somehow Dr. Sarah Kinney using herself will always just be creepier.   (Laura from the movie is named Laura Kinney in the comics.   Not only that, but her mother has a story filled with child abuse, and ends up going fro the cold scientist to someone who actually cares for Laura, even within this one comic, which adds another layer to that creepiness.)

And it's damn good backstory, the perfect setting for X-23s story.   And yet, I wish this didn't drag out so long.   We don't get to meet Laura at all in this story, and instead only see the slow unfolding of how she's created.  It would be more exciting if I didn't know who Laura was already and didn't want to get to that part of the story.   Or in other words, it's not uninteresting, I just happen to think what comes next is more interesting and so this pales in comparison.

Still, a highly worthwhile read.   I got this for free, either via Comixology - in which case it's no longer free, although some other Marvel comics that I got, read, and truly loved are right now - or through one of those 'redeem this for three free comics' via a paper Marvel comic.  I can't remember which, but I enjoyed this regardless of how I received it.   (It wasn't a gift for a review, or otherwise, but something that I voluntarily chose to download.  It just happened to be free.)