452 Autobots
420 Decepticons
allhailgrimlock

Grimlock ♥ Ultra Magnus

Describing Archives: A Content Standard by Saa (2013-12-01)
Saa
Raptor Red
Robert T. Bakker
Progress: 100/246pages

Reading Habit

1. Do you have a certain place in your home for reading? My bed, usually, or the couch if I'm watching TV - and I read during the commercials.   Or the couch if I'm spending time with family.    When it comes to my parents summer house, I read on either one of the couches, in my bed early in the morning when I'm just waking up or waiting for the melatonin to kick in, on the porch when my parents are reading out there, too, or on the sailboat when I'm lucky enough to go out there.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper? Bookmark, random piece of paper when I randomly start a book out of my house or don't remember to bring enough bookmarks with me.   The iPhone, comics, and other assorted things work as well.   Sometimes knitting, believe it or not.   Comics, let it be noted, are especially good for remembering where the code is for Marvel digital redemption or for bookmarks in other comics.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop read after a chapter / certain number of pages?  I've learned to stop reading and pick up when I want.   I'm a huge mood reader, so I will stop immediately if I'm not in the mood for that particular book and pick it up again when I am.

4. Do you eat or drink while read? Yes, and yes.   I don't go out of my way to eat while reading, but if I need to eat or drink something, I will bring my book.   Unless I'm with other people, but solo, hell yeah.

5. Multitasking: music or TV while reading? TV preferred, music will do, but I hate silence while reading.

6. One book at a time or several at once? If by several you mean up to twenty at a time, then yes, several.

7. Reading at home or everywhere? I read any five second chance I get.   Waiting in line for things, on hold on the phone, everything.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head? Silently.   I mouth to myself to get the phonetics when reading in French as I need to hear it in my head, though.

9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages? Only if I know something traumatic, like robots being hurt, may happen.

10. Barking the spine or keeping it like new? Like new if possible, especially on books I treasure.   If it's only a one time read, or a book I got at a used bookstore, or picked up for free, I'm actually much more lenient about breaking spines.

11. Do you write in your books? Only in books I'm studying for school.   Even in the Irvine Transformers, where I wrote a whole third of an essay on a third of the book - six pages in Pages, a couple thousand words at least - I ended up using tags inside the book.   (Little sticky tags that you can get at bookstores with the bookmarks.  I like them because they're fairly inexpensive, and I can load up the books, like on the Transformers novel, and I can pinpoint where on the page I want to remember the quote.  They're thin enough that I can also use more than one on a page if need be.  I've used four or five on one page if I need to remember more than one quote for one page.   It was especially useful in the Transformers book as I needed those quotes for the different themes I was exploring and there were four or five.   It was an epic review.)