1480 Autobots
442 Decepticons
allhailgrimlock

Grimlock ♥ Vision

ODY-C Vol. 2
Leonard Bacon;Joseph Parrish Thompson;Richard Salter Storrs;Henry Ward Beecher;Joshua Leavitt;Henry Chandler Bowen;Theodore Tilton;William Hayes Ward;Hamilton Holt;Harold de Wolf Fuller;Fabian Franklin;Christian Archibald Herter, Matt Fraction
Progress: 10/119pages
Progress: 8%
Inhumans By Paul Jenkins & Jae Lee
Paul Jenkins, Jae Lee
Progress: 12/276pages
Bots - Tome 1 (French Edition)
Aurélien Ducoudray, Steve Baker
Superheroes: Fashion and Fantasy
Michael Chabon, Andrew Bolton, Andrew Bolton
A Long December
Richard Chizmar
Progress: 20%

Midnighter vs. The Suicide Squad

Midnighter Vol. 2: Hard - Steve Orlando, ACO

Which is awesome. I loved the last volume so much and I ended up just falling for this character, so I got this one in paperback.   The last volume might have had more humor, but this one felt more substantial: getting into the character more and playing with him.   And also bringing back Apollo.

Part of the reason I didn't want to wait at the library for this book was that Apollo was coming back in the new series, and I wanted to start reading that immediately.   I wanted to get the backstory, and after reading volume two and then the first two in the new series?  I probably could have read the newest series first, but I'm glad I didn't: this sets up a lot of the little moments in the new series, and explains a lot that added to my enjoyment of Midnighter and Apollo.

It also turns out that I ship Midnighter and Apollo, so I'm glad I got to this.  I was missing Apollo without even realizing it, truth be told.

Love, love, love.   It's brutal, it's gritty and there are short stories in the back - I'm not sure where they were originally published, but I'm glad they were included here.  They range from humorous - more so than the main storyline - to more thoughtful, even exploring Midnighter's weaknesses.   (He can't stand to see children cry, for example, and he sucks at relating to people.   All this makes me love him as a character even more, though.)

Just a beautiful, meaningful look at this character.   I love it so much!