1485 Autobots

Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones
Dan Uri, Dennis Eisenberg
Vision: The Complete Series (Vision: Director's Cut (2017))
Stephen King, Mike Del Mundo, Gabriel Hernandez Walta, Michael Walsh
Fred Van Lente, Steve Kurth, Jamal Igle
Progress: 65/154pages
Amie Stuart
Progress: 14%
Starting Out with Python (4th Edition)
Tony Gaddis
Progress: 248/744pages
Python for Everybody: Exploring Data in Python 3
Elliott Hauser, Aimee Andrion, Charles Severance, Hans Blumenberg
Progress: 7%

Midnighter vs. The Suicide Squad

Midnighter Vol. 2: Hard - Steve Orlando, ACO

Which is awesome. I loved the last volume so much and I ended up just falling for this character, so I got this one in paperback.   The last volume might have had more humor, but this one felt more substantial: getting into the character more and playing with him.   And also bringing back Apollo.

Part of the reason I didn't want to wait at the library for this book was that Apollo was coming back in the new series, and I wanted to start reading that immediately.   I wanted to get the backstory, and after reading volume two and then the first two in the new series?  I probably could have read the newest series first, but I'm glad I didn't: this sets up a lot of the little moments in the new series, and explains a lot that added to my enjoyment of Midnighter and Apollo.

It also turns out that I ship Midnighter and Apollo, so I'm glad I got to this.  I was missing Apollo without even realizing it, truth be told.

Love, love, love.   It's brutal, it's gritty and there are short stories in the back - I'm not sure where they were originally published, but I'm glad they were included here.  They range from humorous - more so than the main storyline - to more thoughtful, even exploring Midnighter's weaknesses.   (He can't stand to see children cry, for example, and he sucks at relating to people.   All this makes me love him as a character even more, though.)

Just a beautiful, meaningful look at this character.   I love it so much!