1 Autobots

BATMAN #52 ((DC REBIRTH)) ((Regular Cover)) - DC Comics - 2018 - 1st Printing
LeeWeeksBatman52, TomKingBatman52
BATMAN #51 ((DC REBIRTH)) ((Regular Cover)) - DC Comics - 2018 - 1st Printing
LeeWeeksBatman51, TomKingBatman51
Infinity Wars: Iron Hammer (2018) #1 (of 2)
Al Ewing, Humberto Ramos
Champions (2019-) #4
Jim Zub, Jacinto Benavente
SUICIDE SQUAD #46 ((Regular Cover)) - DC Comics - 2018 - 1st Printing
JosLuisSS46, RobWilliamsSS46
JosLuisSuicideSquad45, RobWilliamsSuicideSquad45
Champions (2019-) #3
Jim Zub, Jacinto Benavente

Still not crazy about the appropriation

Shadowman Volume 2: Darque Reckoning - Justin Jordan, Patrick Zircher, Warren Simons, Jody LeHeup, Lee Garbett, Robert De La Torre

But I still am crazy about the story and characterizations.   This would be a flat-out five star read if it didn't try to fetishize the loa.   Using them at all, using any religion or minority that has been fetishized, is very tricky; it's too easy to fall into the same trap.

By making a Loa a superhero - and one that comes from a lineage of superheroes who control this particular Loa - and by giving him what's supposed to be a built in entourage, yeah, there's a lot of taking something that you find exotic and twisting it to your own needs.

There's a lot more to voodoo, and the Loa, than simply having them take over someone.   At least the prayers to Baron Samedi, the reason he chooses his host, and his reactions seem somewhat buyable.

It's more the Shadowman concept itself I have issues with.   Which is a shame.   It was built into the storyline from the original Valiant comics.

I'll read volume three and the masters graphic novels, but I can't see them being five star reads due to the slightly problematic origin story.   Which to be fair is way better in this than the original story.