452 Autobots
420 Decepticons
allhailgrimlock

Grimlock ♥ Ultra Magnus

Describing Archives: A Content Standard by Saa (2013-12-01)
Saa
Robert T. Bakker
Progress: 100/246pages

Cyborgs=/=Androids!

Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute - Jarrett J. Krosoczka

This is a cute graphic novel for kids, and I picked it up because cyborgs!   Except that robots with skin that looks human?   Not actually cyborgs.   Those would be androids.   Just because you're writing for young kids, there's no reason to be sloppy about your research and this is a big enough pet peeve of mine that I knocked off a whole star just for that.

But really?   This is a cute series about lunch ladies who fight crime.   The younger, and spryer one, does all the sleuthing and actual fighting, while the older one creates gadgets suck as chicken nugget bombs, or cannoli-oculars.   It's funny, it's cute, it's themed.   The art is absolutely adorable, too.

And there's a subplot with three children and a bully that ties in nicely with the robots, who are loading the children with too much homework.   There's a nefarious plot that the lunch ladies have to fight involving the teacher who built the robots.

It's a twenty or so minute read, and robots!   It's also a fun enough series that I may pick up other installments from the library.