444 Autobots
427 Decepticons
allhailgrimlock

Grimlock ♥ Ultra Magnus

Man Without Fear (2019) #5 (of 5)
Danilo Beyruth, Kyle Hotz, Charles MacKay
Man Without Fear (2019) #4 (of 5)
Danilo Beyruth, Kyle Hotz, Charles MacKay
Vision in Silver
Anne Bishop
Progress: 38/400pages

More general dyeing updates

This is my new obsession.   Stress at home has me just thinking about dying yarn constantly.

I made a mistake: I let the yarn cool on the rack I used to heat set it, and I got some red on the yellow.   I'm going to buy a couple cooling racks when I get some more dye at Walmart: much less expensive than at Michaels!

This is a super easy mistake to fix, the red and blue yarn is fine and I'm still happy with the Vision skein.   It just won't be part of a larger project, but I'm using all the first skeins of a color combo/yarn brand and type be a scarf just to see how it knits anyway!

I also tried a small bit of cotton with tea and coffee.  I threw away the tea, although I let it immersion dye all night.   The coffee isn't as brown as I'd hoped, but it was brown.  I set it in a toaster oven baking for half an hour.   Since it's small and I don't care as much, I didn't do more.  I will knit with it later and let you all know how that goes.   Pictures to come soon.  I tried to wash the red out of the Vision skein and it didn't take, so maybe tomorrow.

I'll also post a larger post about knitting with the yarn I already turned into examples/small scarfs, possibly next week.