446 Autobots

Progress: 148/432pages
Transformers Robots in Disguise: Where Crown City Comes to Life
Caroline Rowlands
Progress: 3/32pages
Avengers: Absolute Vision - Book Two (Avengers (1963-1996))
Progress: 98/360pages
Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones
Dan Uri, Dennis Eisenberg

Reading progress update: I've read 52 out of 400 pages.

Raven Stratagem - Yoon Ha Lee

I have zero idea what's happening during the fights, but I also don't give a single fuck.   Unlike, say, Bayverse Transformers which would be nothing without the explosions because the characters aren't as rich and complex as you'd like, and the plots aren't great, this one has a lot of character work that I love, and there's enough politics that I do understand to make this compelling.

Lee could very easily be accused of sloppy, or lazy, world building and I think I've read a couple reviews that have made a good argument for this.

I don't read it that way myself.   Lee seems to realize that while he could describe the details of the fights by a calendrical system, it would be so complex and mind numbingly dull - like those and he begat who begat who begat sections of the Torah - that it wouldn't be worth it.

I don't understand, but I"m also okay with that because it's not the crux of these novels.