1485 Autobots

Grimlock ♥ Inhumans

My Best Friend's Exorcism: A Novel
Grady Hendrix
Progress: 178/336pages
Starting Out with Python (4th Edition)
Tony Gaddis
Rising Stars: Compendium - Part 1
J. Michael Straczynski, Various
Progress: 22/1009pages
Executive Assistant: Assassins Omnibus Vol. 1
Lori Hanson, Mark Roslan, Vince Hernandez, Jordan Gunderson, Teodoro Gonzalez de Leon, John Starr, Charlie Adlard, X.J. Kennedy
Progress: 283/408pages
Blue Beetle (2016-) #16
Jr., Romulo Fajardo, Christopher Sebela, Thony Silas, Scott Kolins

Great book - that I didn't enjoy

The Art of Archie: The Covers - Victor Gorelick, Helen Craig

I kinda knew I wouldn't, but I wanted to see how old school this was, and I had it, and I didn't have to think too much.   (Still visiting someone in the hospital, and it's mentally and emotionally exhausting enough that I needed something easy!)

It's beautifully published, the organization is excellent, and the art is lush and gorgeous as far as printing goes.  There are brief explanations of organization, or bios of particularly prominent cover artists, and the way the text is presented is logical and presented in a way that doesn't take attention away from the main attraction: the art.

Buuuut... it's a bunch of creepy, beady eyed Archie-folk, and I found the humor to be juvenile, rather than amusing.   I simply don't like old-school Archie and anything New Riverdale wasn't here.   (Either published too early, or keeping the focus on old-school Archie.   There were some variants that I adored, but...)

Three stars for how well this was put together, knocking down two because I didn't like the art itself.  The book charmed me despite this because it was simply put together so well!