1 Autobots

BATMAN #52 ((DC REBIRTH)) ((Regular Cover)) - DC Comics - 2018 - 1st Printing
LeeWeeksBatman52, TomKingBatman52
BATMAN #51 ((DC REBIRTH)) ((Regular Cover)) - DC Comics - 2018 - 1st Printing
LeeWeeksBatman51, TomKingBatman51
Infinity Wars: Iron Hammer (2018) #1 (of 2)
Al Ewing, Humberto Ramos
Champions (2019-) #3
Jim Zub, Jacinto Benavente

Why did I wait so long?

Paper Girls #1 - Brian Vaughan, Cliff Chiang, Matt Wilson

I kept hearing good things about this, and even have at least one volume available via Humble Bundle, but I resisted.   Paper girls in the eighties band together to protect themselves from bullies and general jerkfaces.

No, thanks, pass.

What they aren't prepared for was creepy ass possibly alien monsters.

But, I said, it's paper girls.  In the eighties. I don't want to read about teenagers in my comics.   I mean, without superpowers?   No, these aren't cosmic cube, mutants, or Inhumans; these girls just had the potential power of eighties glam, and I lived through that as a child.   Ugh, Brian Vaughan, do I have to live through that again?

Apparently yes, yes I do.   And look: my heart is still with Saga and Prince Robot IV and, y'know, all the robots, but Vaughan makes the eighties not only bearable but downright enjoyable to read about.

I'll always like Saga better because it has literal robot sex in it.   (Although Vaughan had to bring dicks into play there, because why not, I guess?)   Still, robot sex.   Yass.   It looks like Paper Girls is going the not-robot-sex route which is okay.   Vaughan doesn't have to include robot sex in all his series, although he could.   He totally could and I promise, I would buy all of them in paper and e-book versions.   But he doesn't have to.   I'll apparently settle for eighties paper girls when Vaughan is writing them.

And hope that if it has aliens, hey, maybe robot sex isn't out of the question?

Yeah, now every single Vaughan review is probably going to have some kind of robot sex/robot dick reference in it.   He got me way, way too excited about that prospect in everything now.