1482 Autobots
447 Decepticons
allhailgrimlock

Grimlock ♥ Inhumans

The Organization of Information (Library and Information Science Text Series)
Daniel N. Joudrey, Arlene G. Taylor
Mojo: Conjure Stories
Progress: 64/352pages

This panel

All-New Inhumans (2015-) #9 - James Asmus, Stefano Caselli

I won't be doing this too often, but there are some panels on rereads that I'll want to share.  Or quotes.

This gets me every time.   Flint's response makes me laugh and Gorgon's admission gives me all the feels.   Not only is he a paralyzed warrior who feels useless due to that fact, he's just pretty much told the lady who wants his seed/baby that he hates the hoofs that Terrigenesis gave him and that they weren't transcendent due to their transformation, but rather experiments into living weapons by a fascist, alien society.   (Her argument is that they can touch transcendence, even accidentally.   They also try to get more powerful Inhumans by a form of eugenics, believing the more powerful, the more perfect, the closer to transcendence that Inhuman gets.   Gorgon is well known as a very powerful Inhuman from another Inhuman city/society, so gorgeous women are kinda all over having his attention.   The one who tried to seduce him was just the most opportunist amongst them.)

Gorgon also feels like such a failure that he doesn't speak to his son, by the way.   So y'know, that was a thing the lady who wanted his baby couldn't know, but also twisted the knife in a little more for him.   So that makes his statement more tragic, and yet... I still laugh at Flint ending his statement with 'surprising?'   That question mark makes it funny for me.

Like what do you say to Gorgon in that situation?   Especially since Gorgon is now on trial for his wheelchair trying to kill said lady.   (Inhumans, it should be noted, not only have very advanced technology, they've had it for years before humans did.   Like they have flying cars, y'all.   And teleporting dogs, so a little sci-fi, a little living weapons sci-fi.)  He claims he can't control the chair, but it was still his responsibility so he went in peacefully and Flint was allowed to visit Gorgon in Utolan jail.   (And I very keenly remember what happened with this storyline.   I won't spoil it for anyone who chooses to read this series.   This series, and Uncanny Inhumans, were both written by Soule and were both excellent.  I suggest them both.   Uncanny focused more on Black Bolt, and had less diplomacy and more action - and I tend to like less diplomatic more action based comics the most.   So basically Uncanny was my favorite of the two, but only because it had character and action appeal.  And there's plenty of action in All-New, just more diplomacy/less time-travel crazy comic book shenanigans that I prefer that are in Uncanny.)

Loving, loving this massive reread.   I've read, lesse, 13 Inhuman related comics today.