1479 Autobots

Tantor Audio, Becky Chambers, Rachel Dulude
Aaron Klein
Mojo: Conjure Stories
Progress: 64/352pages
Releasing Rage (Cyborg Sizzle Book 1)
Cynthia Sax
Progress: 8/177pages
Trish out of Water Vol. 1
Studio Parlapa, Ruben Curto, Giuseppe Cafaro, Mirka Andolfo, Vince Hernandez
Progress: 39/120pages

Reading progress update: I've read 1 out of 242 pages.

The Mount - Carol Emshwiller

So I wanted a Small Beer Press book at Readercon and this cover caught my attention.  Just a whiff of kink, and the whole aliens using people as animals plot has a greater sense of kink to it.

I used to write and read some pretty kinky fanfic, and I occasionally have the desire for kink in my books.   I realize this is a whole ponygirl/ponyboy fetish that wasn't really my thing, but I like smart kink.  Well written, but I don't really want sex scene kink: I want something that explores something that has a link to a fetish/kink, without being all about sex.

I've been silently obsessing over this book since I got it: that hint of kink, with an actual plot?   It's not kink, but it's close enough that I saw this cover and knew I had to have it within a second or so of seeing it.

If I remember correctly, I started a book by this author from the Humble Bundle, and was enjoying it.   In addition, Kim Stanley Robinson has a brilliant quote about this book and author on the cover.   Lesse how this goes!