446 Autobots

Progress: 148/432pages
Transformers Robots in Disguise: Where Crown City Comes to Life
Caroline Rowlands
Progress: 3/32pages
Avengers: Absolute Vision - Book Two (Avengers (1963-1996))
Progress: 98/360pages
Deadpool Classic Vol. 20: Ultimate Deadpool
Kelly Doudna, Mark Bagley, Brian Michael Bendis
Altered Carbon
Richard K. Morgan
Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones

Reading progress update: I've read 1 out of 242 pages.

The Mount - Carol Emshwiller

So I wanted a Small Beer Press book at Readercon and this cover caught my attention.  Just a whiff of kink, and the whole aliens using people as animals plot has a greater sense of kink to it.

I used to write and read some pretty kinky fanfic, and I occasionally have the desire for kink in my books.   I realize this is a whole ponygirl/ponyboy fetish that wasn't really my thing, but I like smart kink.  Well written, but I don't really want sex scene kink: I want something that explores something that has a link to a fetish/kink, without being all about sex.

I've been silently obsessing over this book since I got it: that hint of kink, with an actual plot?   It's not kink, but it's close enough that I saw this cover and knew I had to have it within a second or so of seeing it.

If I remember correctly, I started a book by this author from the Humble Bundle, and was enjoying it.   In addition, Kim Stanley Robinson has a brilliant quote about this book and author on the cover.   Lesse how this goes!