446 Autobots

Progress: 148/432pages
Transformers Robots in Disguise: Where Crown City Comes to Life
Caroline Rowlands
Progress: 3/32pages
Avengers: Absolute Vision - Book Two (Avengers (1963-1996))
Progress: 98/360pages
Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones
Dan Uri, Dennis Eisenberg

Suicide Squad needs a new leader

Suicide Squad (2016-) #20 - Rob Williams, Stjepan Sejic, Otto Schmidt

So, I wasn't on board with Flag/Quinn, not completely.   It just seemed too weird a pairing to work, and I never really felt that chemistry.  I did like that he didn't treat her as badly as The Joker did, but I also never really felt that someone like Flag would be able to completely look past Harley's insanity and sadism.

Still, it's a fascinating character study to see Quinn with Flag gone.   He'd been helping, not as much as she needed, but still helping.   And without him, well, Quinn is reverting.  I do wish Quinn wouldn't revert to a character who needs a man, or is codependent at all.   When paired with Ivy, she seems to need someone less.    That is: she's more confident.   She doesn't fall apart when they're apart, and is okay with them being on again and off again, especially since Ivy can feel too crowded, even with Quinn.   They both appreciate each other for, and despite, their obsessions and faults.   And they both encourage one another to be better, and that recognize that they deserve someone good to them, and good for them, when they're together.

And this is relevant to this issue, because people tend to write Quinn as codependent, without fully appreciating that she not only doesn't have to be - but can be a fully fascinating character without being codependent.   It feels easy and lazy and while I appreciate this insight into her, I do tend to prefer her not quite this bad.   (I also question if Ivy will come into this.  Even when Quinn doesn't reach out, Ivy does tend to come back when Quinn really needs help.  I suspect not.   Ivy seems to be on and off partly because it's convenient to be that way: this story is about Quinn being codependent and Ivy's calming aspect, and reassurances that Quinn doesn't need anyone more than she needs to be mentally and emotionally safe - as much as possible for her - would ruin that storyline.)

This was less action and more about Waller's behind the scenes manipulations as well as deciding who will be the squad's new leader.   Still, it was fascinating and I continue to love this series.