446 Autobots

Progress: 148/432pages
Transformers Robots in Disguise: Where Crown City Comes to Life
Caroline Rowlands
Progress: 3/32pages
Avengers: Absolute Vision - Book Two (Avengers (1963-1996))
Progress: 98/360pages
Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones

Action-packed story

Escape From New York Vol. 1 - Diego Baretto, Christopher Sebela, Jordie Bellaire

And it's fun.   It was just the brain candy I needed to get through this insomnia.   Not much meat on this, and I get the feeling that the movie was that, too.   Slick brain candy.   Ultra violent, and a potentially ace main character, which makes me more interested in the movie and how, or if, that was dealt with at all.

Florida is free, and when Snake Plissken is on the run again, he gets convinced to make a run for Florida.   The twins, two supposedly supernaturally talented boys, are supposed to run Florida - and they do, along with Meemaw, a souped up muscle woman who believes the boys came to her by divine providence.   The boys are odd: one kind and the other sadistic, both high on power, both lying about their powers.

Snake finds that no place is truly free, and there is no place he can truly be free.  So I guess there's a bit to it, but this story focused more on slick action scenes instead of truly delving into things like the concept of freedom and what it means.   And it was pretty amazing, but I wish it had taken the time to occasionally really explore these concepts.  I missed having a little more going on, and that's the only reason this wasn't five stars.

Lovely art, with coloring that matched the scene at hand: lush if needed, muted when called for, and bolstering the script and line art/inks.   I'm glad I have the sequel, but I'm going to try to sleep again.  If not, I'll move onto volume two.  I started Evil Empire volume one - I have two of those in the BOOM! Humble Bundle - but it's a little too deep for me to really grasp right now.  I have a feeling when I'm more awake, it'll be pretty spectacular.