1480 Autobots

Hannibal Tabu, Michael Turner
Progress: 6/31pages
Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme (2016-) #1
Robbie Thompson, Rafael Albuquerque, Javier Rodriguez

Really enjoyed these stories in general

X-23: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - Nuno Sotero Alves Da Silva, Filipe Andrade, David Lafuente, Mike Choi, Sana Takeda, Jay Faerber, Will Conrad, Billy Tan, Francis Portela, Christopher Yost, Craig Kyle, Marjorie M. Liu, Simon Spurrier

There were a couple issues - single issues that were part of a longer run - that were almost nonsensical out of context.   Since the other parts of those series didn't have X-23, or didn't revolve around her, they weren't used in this collection.   All of that makes sense, although I would have preferred a note about what wasn't in here if they were going in chronological order of publication - and it seems that they were - instead of adding things that didn't really involve X-23.   Not only that, but I think it would fit even with the 'complete' in the tittle; having additional issues is nice, true, but 'the complete X-23' implies complete runs of the X-23 series.   Additional issues optional - and also easier for Laura Kinney who has a small number of appearances as compared to, say, Vision and his decades upon decades of guest appearances.

X-23 and X-23: Target are both about Laura Kinney before she's found by the X-Men, and Wolverine in particular.  There's no way Logan could find out about her, and not feel responsible.   Because they used his DNA to create her, and more importantly, because he knows what it's like to be used as a killer and then have to live with that fact.   Guilt isn't logical, either.   Logic dictates that his DNA was stolen, that Laura was created, and turned into a killer without his knowledge.   Guilt would still gnaw at Logan because fuck logic, guilt doesn't truck with that shit.   And that guilt, that need to help Laura - going as far as mentioning adopting her - is why I love Logan.   He's far from perfect, but damn, did he ever try to the right thing.

There's a whole bunch of single issues, some that made sense, some that really didn't.   Especially when there was exposition about a huge chunk of Laura's life.   (Clearly this isn't the complete, ever story told about her in chronological order, either, I guess?   I think this refers to NYX, though, and that isn't all about her at all.)

Then the first three issues in a newer X-23 series, all about her - and Logan.   Except Logan's been taking over a demon, and damn, does Marvel get weird about Judeo-Christian mythology.   I mean, damn that shit gets weird.   It's also kinda great: the themes of Laura trying to live her own life, and struggling with feeling used at Utopia, even, are some of the more poignant moments in this collection.

And, yeah, I was gonna splurge on collection two and it doesn't exist.   Sadness!