1482 Autobots
allhailgrimlock

Grimlock ♥ Inhumans

Royals (2017-) #10
Al Ewing, Javier Rodriguez
The Dragon God's Son: 1 (The Gods of Myth)
Mallory Kellogg
Progress: 28%
Batman: The Jiro Kuwata Batmanga Vol. 1
Jiro Kuwata, Jiro Kuwata
Progress: 15/352pages
The Organization of Information (Library and Information Science Text Series)
Daniel N. Joudrey, Arlene G. Taylor
Philip Hider
Airplane Photography
Herbert E. Ives

Many of the IDW issues include the Roberts issue

Transformers Volume 3: Revenge of the Decepticons - Mike Costa, Nick Roche, Alex Milne, Don Figueroa

Or what I think of as the Roberts issue.  I have my gold standard in Transformers writers, and everything is now compared to him.   This, for example, is a far more solid story than Heart of Darkness - but it also lacks the humor, the warmth, and the depth of Roberts' storytelling.

I've wondered about this story for a while.   It's honestly a plot point that is brought up on more than one occasion.   Jazz killed a human.   And it's Jazz.   There are some Autobots who not only care about humans, and want to protect them with all their being, but who also try to adapt to human society, and culture.   Jazz, in a follow up called Chaos: Police Action - that I've, yes, already started - is said to have immersed himself in human culture before being party to killing a human.   Bumblebee, whom I've seen described as a diplomat between Autobots and humans, is a spectator to the buildup, and to the death of a police officer at the hands of one of his fellow Autobots.   He's obviously one of those that I'd consider to be more invested in humanity.  (And all Autobots will protect humans, but some sneer down on humanity, some see them as more of pets than anything else, and some are blunt about their dislike of organics/humanity specifically.   Bumblebee, Jazz and Prime see them as sentient beings who may not have the physical strength they do, but who have strengths they lack: in other words, equals who bring something that they do not to the table.   The table of war against the Decepticons.)

Bumblebee, also in Police Action, says he understand what Jazz did.   Because he was there, he knew it was tense, and he knew there was good reason for Jazz to feel that his friends were in danger of losing their lives.   Jazz is shown as shaken, especially immediately after this event.  He would have preferred to take out the Decepticon threat, and keep it between their race, thank you very much, but that was never an option for him.   Humanity was knee deep, and quite frankly, I have a hard time feeling sorry for humans who buy weapons that they know might be of alien origin as this story makes clear from the beginning, then saying nothing when said weapon starts to speak to them. (Also, all the weapons do this, and not one person thinks, 'hey, maybe this is schizophrenia and I should see a psychiatrist?   If they actually had schizophrenia, no, they wouldn't, but they don't.  I'm going to assume that Soundwave somehow managed to convince them they weren't crazy while talking to them, because otherwise this is a massive fucking plot hole.   And the thing is the Soundwave theory makes sense, and since no one bothers to explain it otherwise, I have no evidence to the contrary.   Man, I wish that plothole was explained.  You know who wouldn't let that shit fly?   That's right.  Roberts.   The Roberts issue pops up once again.)

Anyway, I'm not brave enough to try Chaos Theory again, so I'll continue with Police Action for now.   And some Switch.   I'm trying to knock out my Comixology reads based on what I've purchased latest.   Poor books I bought earlier!   Because that list keeps getting larger, and yeah...