441 Autobots

Grimlock ♥ Prince Robot IV

Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1
Andrew Griffith, Nick Roche, Alex Milne, John Barber, James Lamar Roberts
Progress: 31/272pages
Avengers: Absolute Vision - Book Two (Avengers (1963-1996))
Progress: 98/360pages
Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones
Dan Uri, Dennis Eisenberg
Vision: The Complete Series (Vision: Director's Cut (2017))
Stephen King, Mike Del Mundo, Gabriel Hernandez Walta, Michael Walsh
Fred Van Lente, Steve Kurth, Jamal Igle
Progress: 65/154pages
Amie Stuart
Progress: 14%

What do I say about this?

Rat Queens Webcomics - Kurtis Wiebe, Max Dunbar, Will Kirkby, Ben Rankel, Sedona Parnham, Stjepan Sejic, Isaac Goodhart, Kyle Charles, Mike Norton, Justin Osterling, Sweeney Boo

The webcomics were undoubtedly written for the fans, and while I've heard good things about this series, I am not yet a fan.  I need to read it before I make up my mind, to be honest.   And I'm on the fence about reading this given the fact that the artist abused his wife, then they got a female artist, and she was dumped to bring back the original artist.   While she says she expected it might happen, it was the way she was treated in order to bring him back that sticks in my craw.  And to be honest, I'm always suspicious of strong female characters written by men who casually shrug off this kind of behavior.   Just how much can they get into a woman's mind if they are willing to forgive a friend or co-worker who is abusive?

This series felt okay for a couple reasons: it was free, and it was written by different people.  It might give me a sense of the world without having the icky feelings that reading something illustrated by this artist, or written by the man who absolved him by accepting him without blinking an eye, would bring.

But unfortunately this was incredibly short, as were the stories.  They were nonsensical because I needed to know the world, I suspect, to fully appreciate them.   And while I still adore the word 'fuckbuckets' - which, yes, was uttered - and the way in which the women ogled a sports team, turning the hyper sexualization and objectification of women in comics on its head, I always felt a little left out of the joke.

Fun, but I wouldn't suggest reading unless you were a fan already.   But if you are, I suspect you'll enjoy this - although it's hard for me to say for the obvious reasons.   My suspicions are made based on the fact that this seems to be very much like the series based on what I've heard about it, though.