1480 Autobots
442 Decepticons
allhailgrimlock

Grimlock ♥ Vision

ODY-C Vol. 2
Leonard Bacon;Joseph Parrish Thompson;Richard Salter Storrs;Henry Ward Beecher;Joshua Leavitt;Henry Chandler Bowen;Theodore Tilton;William Hayes Ward;Hamilton Holt;Harold de Wolf Fuller;Fabian Franklin;Christian Archibald Herter, Matt Fraction
Progress: 10/119pages
Progress: 8%
Inhumans By Paul Jenkins & Jae Lee
Paul Jenkins, Jae Lee
Progress: 12/276pages
Bots - Tome 1 (French Edition)
Aurélien Ducoudray, Steve Baker
Superheroes: Fashion and Fantasy
Michael Chabon, Andrew Bolton, Andrew Bolton
A Long December
Richard Chizmar
Progress: 20%

Duggan's last issue

Uncanny Avengers (2015-) #23 - Gerry Duggan, Pepe Larraz, Ryan Stegman

Gerry Duggan is leaving this series, and Jim Zub is going to continue starting with issue 24.   This is bittersweet for me: I loved Zub's Glitterbomb, but Duggan has been one of the consistent must read authors for me in the Marvel stable of writers.   I fell in love with his Deadpool runs, and have suggested people start with them when reading Deadpool.   (Despite his long history, I can't emphasize how much Duggan managed to balance the political satire, outright zaniness, with emotionally fueled storylines that made me care about the character and what was happening to him.   Other writers tended to focus more on the first two, which was fun, but felt like it was treading water after a while; only Duggan made me want to stay on board with this character for the long haul because of his creating a family for Wade Wilson, and giving him a reason to really try to be better.   It hurt more when he failed on occasion, but I felt more.)

So, I was going to talk about last issue, especially as this issue referenced a big smooch that I didn't remember.  I'm not sure how - this never happens to me - but I managed to, um, not read last issue, which is why I didn't remember that.   It's fairly big as it wasn't between two characters I expected, so I'm eager to figure out what happened.  I'm also slightly embarrassed.  I never do this, dammit, and I'm anal about reading in order.  I must have put this in my 'read' comics pile and then forgot to double check.   This is the first time this has happened in years, so I don't usually have to double check myself.   On the other hand, this might be a good thing: I have another Uncanny Avengers that Duggan wrote, and hey, it's new to me!   (Which makes my anger at myself over this mistake more forgivable.   I'm actually stoked to read this and have been putting it off for a while, to be honest.   Duggan, if you've forgotten, is the comic book author who was absolutely fucking fine with punching a nazi in the face.   And my love for him, like, doubled when I saw these tweets.  So, yes, a last Uncanny Avengers written by him is a Big Thing for me, and kept me on board with Deadpool AND got me to buy the first Guardians of the Galaxy when Secret Empire was giving me reasons to look over my Marvel list and what I might cut down on buying.)

Between Rogue and Deadpool and Beast figuring out why Wonder Man is back, and Synapse trying to help Cable, and figuring out who Stryfe is, there's enough here to overcome my initial hesitancy when I realized I'd messed up early on.   I didn't really have the energy to search for issue #22, and plowed ahead.  I felt like I'd missed a little, but overall, this story stood up on it's own: there's Rogue's continued ability to fly - and the implication that she's still as strong as Wonder Man - and Cable's story that I ended up getting very quickly engrossed in this issue and forgetting that I needed to go back eventually.

Lovely.   Even thought I felt this wasn't quite as much as a goodbye as some final issues were, I'm kind of glad: it made me feel that things would continue on as normal next month.   And hey, I have Duggan on Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy to look forward to in the future!