1479 Autobots

Transformers and Philosophy: More than Meets the Mind
Geoffrey Allan Plauché, Liz Stillwaggon Swan, John R. Shook
Progress: 12/384pages

Loving this new team

Suicide Squad (2016-) #17 - Rob Williams, Tomeu Morey, Tony Daniel, Sandu Florea

And when I say 'new team' I mean they added a new team member, and boy, does he change the dynamics.   Not so much between the already established characters, but the dynamics of the team itself.   It doesn't just change it for the characters themselves, but for the reader as well: General Zod is not only a massive power player, but he brings a little bit of that 'fuck you' attitude as well.   The question is not if he will escape the Suicide Squad, but rather when.   Until then, Harley Quinn will most likely remain impressed by not only his willingness to jump into dangerous situations, and his instability, but his gusto.   He's not just willing to dive into a suicidal situation, but he relishes the chance - at least for his people.   It doesn't matter that everyone keeps telling him Kryptonians are dead, because he seems to be deluded into thinking they are not, or will somehow make a resurgence.

And how can he help them if the Kryptonian bomb implanted in his head goes off?  Knowing this, he very reluctantly complies with Waller and her team, all the while letting everyone know just how reluctant he is.

And I don't know why, but Tony Daniel's artwork is speaking to me more than Jim Lee's at least on this book.   Don't get me wrong, Lee is a true master of this art form, but I'm enjoying Daniel's artwork more, possibly because it feels less busy to me.   As intricate as Lee can go, it can distract me from the way the words and art work together.   This is something that I read hoping for a lot of action, and this feels  more streamlined artistically to me.   And that works better in this series.  I had no complaints while Lee was illustrating, and I would have none if he continued most likely.   It's only in retrospect that I see that this works better for me.

As always, I'm looking forward to the next issue.