1479 Autobots

Tantor Audio, Becky Chambers, Rachel Dulude
Aaron Klein
Mojo: Conjure Stories
Progress: 64/352pages
Releasing Rage (Cyborg Sizzle Book 1)
Cynthia Sax
Max Bemis, Mike Getty, Andrea Mutti
Progress: 15/116pages

A heavy focus on Viv

Champions (2016-) #8 - Mark Waid, Humberto Ramos

And while a lot of this is about someone using their logo - because they kept it open for everyone to use and another group put out a trademark on it - and how they're going to regain trust from those who believe they've sold out, there's a pretty big shift of focus to one of my favorite characters: Viv.   She's coping with a lot of big things.   Being on this team, trying to figure out her sexuality - and gender - and the deaths in her family.   Even though some time has passed two of her immediate family members passed away, she's still struggling and experimenting with coping techniques.   She shut off her emotions and is now trying to acclimate herself to having them - and dealing with the loss of a brother and mother.

And she does it all with grace.

Still, when she mentions this, the Hulk's feelings for her come back.   When she admits she just isn't into boys, but doesn't want to hurt him, he just hugs her and tells her he wants her to be happy.   At the same time, her father tells her that even thought he can sense her. and knows where she is, she can't leave home for days at a time.   She has to come back, and on time, or else.   (Most extreme grounding techniques ever?   Vision has that covered.)

And I really like who came up with the solution to the logo issue. and how he decided to do it.   It seems very in character, and since he was down on himself for not being intellectual compared to the others, I think this shows that he can think differently than them and use some particular skills - like understanding how other people feel and social media - to show that they can think through things and win without throwing a single punch.

Love, love, love.   I just love this series.