1489 Autobots

Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones
Dan Uri, Dennis Eisenberg
Vision: The Complete Series (Vision: Director's Cut (2017))
Stephen King, Mike Del Mundo, Gabriel Hernandez Walta, Michael Walsh
Fred Van Lente, Steve Kurth, Jamal Igle
Progress: 65/154pages
Amie Stuart
Progress: 14%
Starting Out with Python (4th Edition)
Tony Gaddis
Progress: 248/744pages

Batman versus Bane continues

Batman (2016-) #19 - Tom King, Jordie Bellaire, David Finch, Danny Miki, John Scott, Sandra Hope

And what I like best about this is that Bane was meant to be a foil to Batman.   Just as powerful physically, just as strong willed, just as cunning, but without the same moral compass.   And in this storyline, he's true to that origin, or what I've heard of it.   This feels very old school Batman, in which he is simply about his code: save the people, don't kill anyone.   And he's determined to do so, and he now knows exactly what Bane is.   Y'know, his foil.

And I'm kinda really loving the old school Batman feel right now.   Love, love, love.   This series has had it's rough patches, but overall?   I'm glad I stuck with it.   It's stories like this that makes me truly glad that Tom King took over Batman.   (And while at one time I would have sold out Batman to have more of King's Vision, I'm sorta only halfway there right now.   Yeah, Marvel effed with me big time, but I love Vision just enough to want more of King's Vision.   Although a King-written Red Tornado series would kinda make me melt with joy... and be 100% okay with King jumping ship and killing that series.   Although, I dunno, I think the sales numbers kinda woulda killed that anyway.)