I'm a well read technosexual who's bluntly honest about all things, although I try to be most honest about myself.
*Reposting as a reminder/if you want to vote and missed this*
Vote on which of these books I should read.
1. Quantum Teens Are Go is a series written by a trans woman, who wrote Kim and Kim. (Which I love. Magdalene Visaggio is hardcore about writing queer positive stories, and doing her best to stay away from toxic themes in her works. Her new series, Quantum Teens Are Go, has at least one queer character, and seems to continue this trend. I also really love Black Mask, which is a very small press, and I've read some other books from an exclusive box set they did for a comic day last year - or perhaps the year before? I got it on sale from Newbury.)
2. The Life and Death of Oliver Queen, because I really want to read more DC right now. So should I hit the button and buy this? It looks like it's pretty heavy on his girl, Black Canary, whom I kinda love, too. (Or that's what I got from flipping through this volume in a bookstore.) I'm kinda excited!
3. Deathstroke #15 - and one or two issues beyond - because I picked up #14 because it promised Deathstroke was blinded. (On the cover of that, so I don't consider that a spoiler.) I really kinda enjoyed that issue. Should I continue? It's more Rebirth that I'm loving, so...
4. I own quite a bit of Descender, but there are three or four issues I don't have. Should I buy them, and actually catch up on this series? Beautifully illustrated, and there's a robot resistance. (Following, sadly, a robot massacre. *cryface*) Still, I'm really loving this despite all the sad, robot death.
5. Let's go old school. The thing I like best about the new Hellblazer series? Swamp thing. I kinda wanna kick it old school - and I'll even break my rule and go a little above ten dollars since I spent less than I thought I would today - and get the Saga of the Swamp Thing volume one. Alan Moore. Could get kinda weird. Does from what I remember hearing about this. And I'm definitely up for getting to figure out what's up with Abby and The Rot.
Vote on these five. Whichever you decide? I'll get next week via Comixology - or Amazon if they have a better price, which I believe they do for 2 and 5 - and binge on Saturday and Sunday.
This is partly because I'm curious if anyone will care what comics I read, and partly because I'm trying to get myself to read more non-Marvel comics to kick my Marvel habit mostly to the curb. (I did buy some one dollar digital comics because Star-Lord and Gamora a couple days ago. I will continue to buy super cheap digital comics and graphics. But other than that, and some series I'm hardcore invested in, I'm dropping most everything else for now.)
So, if you want to, vote. Because otherwise, I might buy and write about some really weird shit. Also, feel free to add something for the next vote. I'm already thinking Saga, Lumberjanes, and Spawn in the future, since I just bought the two issues I need to catch up on that. (Also, there's a nifty 60% off TMNT sale. One was on sale for four bucks, and I got half off that, so yes.) After this, I'm going to flood you with reviews. And I am truly sorry for that. But I've found the motivation I need to read comics again, as I've been slowly dealing with Secret Empire.
And, ugh, desperately wanting to read Secret Empire #4 because Pym-tron, and I kinda love that literal mashup of character. Ugh. Ugh, gross, ugh, but I maaaaay check out that issue in print and flip through it, though I refuse to purchase it.