1479 Autobots

Star-Lord (2016-2017) Annual #1
Djibril Morissette-Phan, Chip Zdarsky, Kris Anka

Eeeeeeeh...

Royals (2017-) #2 - Al Ewing, Jonboy Meyers

This series is mediocre - at best.   Al Ewing is writing this, and the new Rocket series, and he made it easier for me to say no to the new Guardians of the Galaxy and the related titles.   I really think that he mischaracterizes a lot of the cast in this, and I'm not at all digging the last Inhuman subplot here.   I think Medusa in particular is getting written the worst, to be honest, but no one is great here.   Add to this that Soule was writing a fantastic series that not only did a lot with the characters, but also exciting stories that changed the Inhuman mythology and the course of their people without retconning or disrespecting what came before.

The art is passable, although the stories aren't that exciting, and seem to possibly tie into the current clusterfuck of an event, and really?   Inhumans in space should be so much more exciting.   I do love the reveal at the end, especially since I'd heard about Black Bolt and wasn't sure how the writers would explain him being in both series given what was going to happen in Black Bolt.

Eeeh.   Not super excited about most of this, but all the stars given are for the surprise guest, who I love to hate.   Hopefully Ewing doesn't fuck them up, too...