1479 Autobots

Progress: 23/335pages
Transformers and Philosophy: More than Meets the Mind
Geoffrey Allan Plauché, Liz Stillwaggon Swan, John R. Shook
Progress: 12/384pages

So this series is getting cancelled - maybe

Ghost Rider (2016-2017) #5 - Felipe Smith, Felipe Smith, Danilo Beyruth

I keep holding out hope that it will get back to the community and things that made the first series interesting, like Robbie's attempts to balance his work life, taking care of Gabe, and his crush on this girl.   Or even just the sweet, brotherly relationship that Robbie and Gabe have, where Robbie knows that Gabe is really dependent on him, and since their parents skipped out on them, he's all Gabe has.   To be fair, this issue does dig into what kind of relationship Robbie has with Eli, who gives him the powers of the Ghost Rider, but it's not nearly enough.

It's stuffed with guest stars, most of whom I like, but it's still not enough because what I wanted wasn't here: the basic storytelling that told us more about who Robbie was by showing us how he related to Gabe and the general community around him.

I'm not sorry to see this go.   Loved the original run, and I was hoping it would be more like that - not in a copycat, telling the same exact story way, but just the general feel of the thing.

PS - I am caught up with reviews, yay!